Congratulations to our Year 9 Peer Mentors who have just completed their training and are now ready to be buddied up with some Year 7 students!
The six-week programme has been run by Ms Martyne and has included the below topics:
- Safeguarding and Confidentiality
- Friendship problems and how to sort out an argument
- Mental Health
- Behaviour and why it’s important to follow instructions and show respect
- Role play with different scenarios and students
- Vaping and the negative effects on young people
The Mentors have engaged and contributed to every session and are now keen to act as positive role models to the younger members of the community, and have been awarded with a certificate and Peer Mentor pin badge.